Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Barack Obama - The Greatest Speaker in the World

Not that I see Obama as public enemy #1, I just wanted to make fun of him a bit and counter the belief that he is such a great speaker. I will keep a running tally of all the dumb statements and fibs he's made.

  • "America is the greatest country in the world. Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time for a change."
  • "On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."
  • "What happened in Selma, Alabama and Birmingham also stirred the conscience of the nation...This young man named Barack Obama...came over to this country. He met this woman...(who) had a good idea there was some craziness going on because they looked at each other and they decided...it might...be possible for us to get together and have a child. There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama... So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born. So don't tell me I don't have a claim on Selma, Alabama. Don't tell me I'm not coming home to Selma, Alabama. I'm here because somebody marched." (the Selma Marches happened 4 years after Obama Jr was born.)
  • “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” (Death toll was 12)
  • “Thank you Sioux City…I said it wrong. I’ve been in Iowa for too long. I’m sorry.”
  • "[Iran] doesn’t pose a serious threat to us”
  • “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.”
  • “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known [in Kentucky], coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.” (for those who don't know, Kentucky and Illinois share a border, Arkansas and Kentucky are separated by the state of Tennessee)
  • "I've now been to 57 states, we have one left to go."
  • "I had a uncle who was one of the, who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps," (didn't happen)

No comments: